Start a new topic
Answered

Google task synchronisation

Hi! could you help me about google task synchro? 

How to be sure a task is added in google task? For now, some task are naturrally added while some others are not.. How explain that ?

thank you ! 

Best Answer

The "Sync to Google Tasks" option will sync the tasks in your project with your resource (resource with your email address) assigned. Please make sure you have a resource in your project with your email address and that the resource is assigned to the tasks that you would like to sync.

Please note that the syncing is not instant; there may be a delay of a few minutes for the tasks to show up in your Google Tasks list.

5 people have this question

I actually can't get it to sync at all. Is there any additional steps necessary to enable syncing to tasks in addition to having the plugin and tick the box to sync?

Gantter will sync the tasks assigned to you.  First, make sure the resource you are selecting has the same Google Calendar account email address.  This quick video should help:  

I did it like agent Jeremy Carr's video. But the tasks don't sync in my google calendar. I don't know what is wrong. 

How does Gantter sync with Google Calendar?

Just signed up for my account.  any update to this thread?  I have no calendar items related to my first project I have started and worst yet, i have multiple but empty Task LISTS with no tasks inside of them.  

Each task list is the name of my project file.

I am currently comparing this service to another so a quick response would be appreciated.

Hi, 

Please see the help video which demonstrate how to do Gantter sync with Google Calendar.

Gantter And Google Calendar Integration (Sync to Google tasks )https://www.hippovideo.io/video/play/rVU6FVbBK7LcK3wobQhJ-A==

I hope this helps. 

Hi, I have completed the steps in the video and described here and in other threads relating to this matter. I only have 15 tasks sync over from my Gantter gantt chart into google tasks and then into my google calendar. Thats 15 out out of 150+ tasks. It seems only tasks with 1 day or less duration have migrated over, none that are multi-day. 

Has there been any progress on this? Advice on how I can everything to sync over from my Gantt chart?

Cheers,

Chris. 

Answer

The "Sync to Google Tasks" option will sync the tasks in your project with your resource (resource with your email address) assigned. Please make sure you have a resource in your project with your email address and that the resource is assigned to the tasks that you would like to sync.

Please note that the syncing is not instant; there may be a delay of a few minutes for the tasks to show up in your Google Tasks list.

To be clear, tasks are synced to calendar by the finish date.

Task are only synced by day, not by time. This is almost useless if an user is following more tasks.

I think that sync should be done against calendar event, not tasks...

My $ 0.02

1 person likes this

Yes, the task is on finish dates so that you are able to plan backwards from that date. And when on that active date, you will know that it was due today to put it on top of your work load for the day, if the project has not been completed. 

Question when assigning a resource to a task does gantter notify this resource in anyway to let them know they have been assigned to a task?

No not at this time. Gantter is integrated with Google. The resource can sync from Gantter to Google calendar. Then they will have the task marked on their calendars as a reminder. 

1 person likes this

Have a question. I have tasks that have a 3-day duration but when Gantter syncs with google tasks, the task shows up as being due on day three. Is there a way to have Gantter sync the task to the first day?

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment