Start a new topic

Linking Projects - Can you nest Gantter files in one master file?

A feature of other products is the ability to link to other projects.  Having subtasks that link to other projects in order to manage multiple programs at once. 

If this is not a feature is there the ability to take another plan and insert copied tasks in bulk?

23 people like this idea

Same problem here: I have multiple projects and the same resources that work on all projects.

I want to manage projects in a specific Gantter, but I want to be able to see the usage of my resources globally.

7 people like this

I'm testing Gantter and the first problem is my need of join many individual projects (sub projects) in one "Master Project"

2 people like this

Same here! I'd like to have multiple root level parent tasks. Rows 1-30 for project one, 31-60 for project 2 etc.

2 people like this

This is a must!  I can't believe this wasn't supported from the beginning.

1 person likes this

Hello everyone,

Do you know if that feature has been added to this tool ?

Select all the projects you wish to view together and click on visualization. From there you will be able to see charts of task and resources stemmed across your projects. 

3 people like this

Here is how I did it for anyone else who is struggling as this was not intuitive.

1) Open a project in Gantter for Google Drive select Project -> Export local Gantter file. Save the file to your hard drive.

Do this for all desired projects.

2) Login to Gantter Cloud.

3) Create a new blank project by clicking on the + (plus) icon and select Blank Template. Give the "new project" a generic name such as "untitled" in order to avoid confusion from duplicate names later on.

4)  Select Project -> Import local Gantter file

5) Go back to the /ganttercloud/home/index.html tab in your web browser and refresh the page. You will now see the imported project in the list.

Repeat Steps 4 & 5 for all desired projects.

6) Once all the desired projects have been added go back to the /ganttercloud/home/index.html tab in your web browser.

7) Select the projects that you want to analyze by single clicking each project.

8) Select the Graph Icon in the lower right hand corner (Visualization Beta)

Note: This caused a somewhat confusing issue . In the Visualization -> Project Overview -> Project Name & ID drop down list the list should appear as [Project Name],[Project ID].  However, it shows up as Null, nnnnnnnn where nnnnnnnn is the project Id, but the project name is displayed as Null. I am however able to navigate around the tabs for the pre-made reports rather easily and can see multiple tasks. The problem I have is that many of my projects have the same or similiar task names, so with a Null Project Name field it is hard to associate the task with the project.

1 person likes this

I found a work around for the Null Project Names issue. It seems that the Visualization Tool does not handle spaces in the Project Name Field.

1) Open the Individual Project in Gantter Cloud

2) Select Project -> Properties

3) Change the Project Name to not include spaces. (Fore example instead of Project Name use Project_Name)

Hello, I would like to know if there is a way to integrate the information of 2 or more projects in the following way: when assigning a resource to a project, consider the time invested of this resource in another project, in this way I will know that it is already busy or have less time

Hello, I would like to know if there is a way to integrate the information of 2 or more projects in the following way: when assigning a resource to a project, consider the time invested of this resource in another project, in this way I will know that it is already busy or have less time

1 person likes this

Can a predecessor be in another Gantter file? 

How i can manage multiple projects in one place ?

Yes. This is true for all editions of Gantter (Google Drive, GSuite and Cloud). Real-time editing will allow you and multiple collaborators to edit the same file at the same time.

Yes, you can view a list of tasks that resources are assigned to. This view will also give you the hours worked by the resource. In the Resource tab on the right side toolbar, you will see a list of your resources. Click the “Switch to Resource Usage View” on the top toolbar. Then a list of tasks will appear for each resource on the left side of the screen, and on the right side you will see a breakdown of the weekly hours worked

Login or Signup to post a comment