Start a new topic

Copying rows of tasks

How do i copy multiple rows of tasks that repeat for several modules. It is too tedious to re-type them all. The copy and paste doesn't seem to work.

4 people have this question

You will need to hold down the ctrl key to select more then one row. Copy and paste must be used on the tool bar when using these actions. Short keys will not work for copy and pasting inside gantter. 

Hi, When I copy the line the date of the event are not pasted.

I tried to paste in excel and it was present.

When I paste in Gantter I loose the date.

How can I do it?

Correct the dates will not transfer. The date will be the start date of the project. You can import the file. 

Sometimes when I copy/paste mulitple rows Gantter keeps the predecessor information for the tasks (What I want) and sometimes it does NOT keep the predecessor info.   Is there an explanation so I can get them to paste consistently?

1 person likes this

I agree with Dave's requests/comments. The lack of sophisticated copy paste functionality of multiple rows makes it very difficult to manage projects.

For example, I want to import the text from a WBS that I have created, but it seems like I'll need to type each row separately.

This is really annoying.

Any solution for copying activities with resoruces, relations, colours and so on?

I need to copy many time the same activities in the same projects: I keep some standard activiites and i copy it many times in the project and I change only descriptions but all other feature have to remain unchanged  (resources, relations, colours).

IT's not sustainable to rewrite all features all times...

thanks 

Massimo

1 person likes this

No change on the matter. You can copy multiple task at once.  I also suggest exporting or creating a copy of the file and renaming the file if needed. 

When I copy and paste, using either short keys or the built-in edit function, the pasted rows lose all the information (predecessor, indentation) except for task name. Is there a solution for this?

Yes, you can copy and only task names and (predecessor, indentation) will not be copied. You need to manually update them again.

Hello,

It appears that there may be a significant issue with your software regarding the automatic updating of dependencies when copying and pasting subtasks. In my experience, prominent project management software such as Microsoft Project automatically updates dependencies within a block of copied and pasted tasks. This functionality is essential for efficiently creating large projects, as it allows users to maintain consistent dependencies within subtasks.

I currently have another project open in Gantter that demonstrates this expected behavior. When I copy and paste subtasks in that project, the software retains the dependencies, durations, and indentations. This leads me to believe that your software's features are inconsistent, as you've mentioned that the project I shared with you is functioning as intended while my other project with Gantter exhibits different behavior.

I kindly request that you investigate this issue, as it represents a major bug that negatively impacts productivity.

1 person likes this

Hi Yarik,

Team is building up with new version of Gantter product with more specifications. You can see the changes with the product.

Login or Signup to post a comment