Start a new topic

Bi-directional Google Calendar Sync

To me it's not clear how I should set this up exactly. Is Bi-directional Google Calendar sync just the 'marketing' term for "Export milestones to webcalendar" ?

In any case, the "Export milestones to webcalendar" doesn't seem to work. I have added a new calendar in Google Calendar by using the url provided in Gantter, but nothing is showing up in Google Calendar. I did notice that the url doesn't have an iCal id in it. It looks like this:

webcal://google.gantter.com/handler.ashx?action=ical&icalID=&fileName=<file_name>

(I replaced the actual filename for this example).

In the url there's an `icalID` parameter, but there's no actual id behind the '='.

I would expect something like:

webcal://google.gantter.com/handler.ashx?action=ical&icalID=12345677554&fileName=<file_name>

Does anyone have the same problem?

8 people have this question

The activity date does not change from Google calendar. You will need to have Task linked on both Gantter and Google calendar. From then on you will need to use Gantter to update the task and dates. The only function Google Calendar has is to mark task as complete, and will give your Gantter task a check mark as completed.

Can you please follow the below steps to Sync tasks to Google Calendar 

1) Login to Gantter for google edition (Gantter for google drive OR G Suite)

2) Open Project 

3) Create resource in resource tab with valid email address (ex: Add your name as resource with email)

3) Assign resource to the task (ex: Assign your name as resource for task)

4) Go to project menu and click on Synch to google task check box 

5) Once you get message saying sync completed successfully 

6) Navigate to Gmail inbox which we have assigned to task 

7) Goto Calendar 

8) enable Task view  option from My Calendar menu 

9) Refresh the page Or wait for minute 

10) Click on triple menu from life hand side bottom 

11) Select your project and view your task which is sync with google 

You can also refer  steps video :

https://www.hippovideo.io/video/view/146626 

Login or Signup to post a comment