Start a new topic
Answered

New Gantter for Google Drive doesn't open older files from Google Drive

I wonder if anyone is experiencing the same problem. 

I was using Gantter for quite a few years, at least since 2013 and thus I have dozens of projects stored on Google Drive in the old version of the app

Today I discovered that a new version of Gantter took place and it doesn't open any of my old gantter files. The screen freezes with a sign "Opening a project from Google Drive" 

Does anyone have the same problem or a solution to the problem? 

--

Maksim

Best Answer

A fix for this issue has been deployed.  If you are still experiencing issues opening the older Gantter files please post a new topic in this forum and we will ensure a support rep helps you.

Thanks

Jeremy

3 people have this question

Yes, I have the same problem. I can open the new ones from google drive but not the old ones (two days ago before the new version. 

I subscribe but It didn´t solve the problem. 

Anyone could help us??

1 person likes this

Hi,

I have the same problem.

1 person likes this

And I have the same!! it's disaster!!!!

1 person likes this

And it seems like a problem only for corporate accounts :(

Hi, I have the same problem. Quite serious, since there is no work around to access the Gantt.

Hi,

I have the same problem here. It doesn't help that this bug was found the same day I realized the pricing model changed.

3 people like this

Hello,

Our Technical team looking into the same problem.  We have a workaround if you want to please try it:

* Download the gantter file locally. (single click on the file in the list and select "Download")

* Now in a drive, select "New->Gantter for Google Drive" file.

* When Gantter opens, select the "Project" menu, then "Import local Gantter File"

This is just temporary until problem resolves 

Thanks,

Gantter Support Team 

2 people like this

I guess it is not just me here!

Please provide a solution ASAP.

thank you support team

Nikos

The problem may be associated with incorrect processing in the program of Unicode characters in other languages (not English).

You can open an old project once, if using the G-Dysk create a copy of this document. 

But to save to disk the document will not work. Auto-save process is NOT working. 

The proposed solution via import and export document sometimes works, sometimes doesn't work.

Application solution leads to the replacement of certain letters of the local alphabet in unreadable characters.

After that, the document opens and saves normally .

Exactly the same effect gives the proposed solution

VB

Answer

A fix for this issue has been deployed.  If you are still experiencing issues opening the older Gantter files please post a new topic in this forum and we will ensure a support rep helps you.

Thanks

Jeremy

1 person likes this

Raghavendra Rampura, Thank you! it works!!

Sorry, but:

1. The problem is not fixed.

File from the old version opens without errors.

But the changes are not saved.

You cannot save or convert the document in the new format.

Create a copy of the file of Gantter leads to the same error: copy of document not opening.

2. The program is not working properly.

You cannot disable auto-save. This was implemented in the old version. Now this function does not work.

It is impossible to change the language of the program. The Polish translation is poor and inaccurate. I usually worked early in the English language. Now I can't. 

3. There is no information in HELP

The trick with the export of the document from the old version and then import into the new version doesn't work.

The problem is again the same: new document received when the import is not saved.

Thank you support team, 

seems to be working so far. If any new issues arise I will keep you posted. 

Also, after using your program for so many years I am definitely becoming a subscriber. 

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment