Start a new topic
Answered

Gantt in Minutes

Our Projects begin and end on the same day. Some of our tasks may even be 5 minutes long. Is it possible to do this on gantter?

Thanks a lot!

Best Answer

Gerardo is looking for small task duration. You are able to set by mins your duration by easily changing the letter "dys" to "mins" same for weeks "wks" 

When you are changing your start date you can also program your time that the task will start. 

With resources you are able to auto-level your resources so that they will not be starting two task at once. (not in two places at the same time)

Remember a work day is set at 8 hours, you are able to change this in calendar properties. 

I will create my own calendar based on my work times. I do this from the calendar tab, and set my hours based on the days of the week. NOT everyday is the same in and out times for me. I do the same for anyone that might have shorter work day hours. 

From there I will assign the resource to that calendar base, in the Resource tab.  column all the way on the right of the resource will show the calendar base. Now you are ready to assign resource to the task needed. 

Set your task, duration, start date and time, and resource. You can auto-level and the chart will force a change on start date/time based on the hours the recourse has available, cross checking with hours in the work day.  Not that if you have not working days such as weekends or dates off for that resource the task will be the length of time it takes for that resource to finish. 

There are live webinars you can signup for to watch step by step walk through. 

Yes, in duration you can change to mins, hrs, weeks, months. 

Gerardo, I have been disappointed to discover that this is NOT possible.  While we can readily change the units of time to hours or minutes, every task for a given day will begin at the same hour, albeit with the total duration correctly matching the length of the workday for each resource.  To some extent, we can improvise by setting a finish-to-start precedent for every single task, but since this is not necessary when planning over longer time periods, this definitely reflects a reduced functionality at the short time-interval level.  (developers, please fix!)  This software leaves us to do intra-day project planning on our own, unfortunately.  (If anyone has found a workaround, PLEASE let us know!)

Answer

Gerardo is looking for small task duration. You are able to set by mins your duration by easily changing the letter "dys" to "mins" same for weeks "wks" 

When you are changing your start date you can also program your time that the task will start. 

With resources you are able to auto-level your resources so that they will not be starting two task at once. (not in two places at the same time)

Remember a work day is set at 8 hours, you are able to change this in calendar properties. 

I will create my own calendar based on my work times. I do this from the calendar tab, and set my hours based on the days of the week. NOT everyday is the same in and out times for me. I do the same for anyone that might have shorter work day hours. 

From there I will assign the resource to that calendar base, in the Resource tab.  column all the way on the right of the resource will show the calendar base. Now you are ready to assign resource to the task needed. 

Set your task, duration, start date and time, and resource. You can auto-level and the chart will force a change on start date/time based on the hours the recourse has available, cross checking with hours in the work day.  Not that if you have not working days such as weekends or dates off for that resource the task will be the length of time it takes for that resource to finish. 

There are live webinars you can signup for to watch step by step walk through. 

Login or Signup to post a comment