Start a new topic

How to copy/paste tasks from an excel sheet

Im just trying to figure out how I can take an excel sheet, and copy a column of data and paste it in the task list of Gantter so that I don't have to individually type in each task.

Let me know if this is possible

1 person has this question

Yes, you can copy and past the task form excel sheet to Gantter project. Use the short key available in the gantter product and avoid using CTRL+V for pasting the same.

Refer the image attached below.

I have the same problem and imo he wasn't asking about A task but a whole column, which is still unsolved. It happens more often than not, that the data is in Excel / Sheets and right now it feels like the only way to get columns copied to Gantter is doing it on a cell-by-cell-basis, which is really not an option.

Yes,

Step 1:

go to your excel list, and copy the desired activities (short cut is control "c")

Step 2: Highlight the number of rows that are being copied in. 

So if you want to copy in 25 activities, make sure you add 25 rows.  Then you have to highlight all 25 rows. 

To highlight the rows, click the first row, then go down to row #25 and hold shift while you select.  This should highlight all of the rows. 

Step 3: Copy the activities into gantter

Use the paintbrush icon to copy.  All of your items should appear

The key is to make sure that if you have the corresponding number of rows highlighted that you are copying in.  

Login or Signup to post a comment