Start a new topic

Sharing projects in Gantter for Google drive vs Gantter for Cloud

Hi,

I'm confused about how to share projects with colleagues withing our G-Suite

I have a paid account, but don't know if it is for Cloud, for Google Drive or for G Suite.
I can access projects from Cloud and Drive, but don't see an integration with G-Suite (which is what we use in our company)

There seems to be a difference in the possibility to share projects with colleagues between Gantter for Google drive and Gantter for Cloud.

I can share from Cloud, but not from Google Drive. I would expect this also to be possible in the Drive application. This is also what is capabilites table of the different apps on their website.

Who can shine their light on this and clarify how to share projects in all apps?

Sharing is completed the same way for both editions. 

You will want to use your sharing icon on the top right corner of your page, and inset your coworkers email addresses. 

If you are sharing a Cloud file with a drive user, you will need to export the file for them to import, please remember future changes from one file will not reflect the second file because it was exported. 

You will want to use the same edition as your whole team. If you are a google user, I suggest always using Drive edition. Drive and Gsuite act as the same. 

The sharing button is not active in Google shared drives. We use G-Suite and shared drives to share all project information. How can I share a project through a google shared-drive?

You will want to share from your google drive if your Chrome profile is not matching your gantter profile. 

TO check on this look at the email in the top right corner of gantter, is this a matching email to the profile image in chrome browser?

Checked and yes, profiles are matching

Have you tried sharing from your Google drive? If you are not able to share from google drive it tells me you do not have permission to the project file to share with others. Meaning you might not be licensed, or having editing rights to file. You can jump on a support call with our team members for us to view the issue.

Is there an update on this? I am the owner of the subscription but I still can't share projects to my colleagues.

As the owner for which edition you have subscribed. Your Gantter should match Google and Chrome profile.

Can we have your mail id.

Login or Signup to post a comment